Salesperson Know What They Sell, and They Sell What They Know
Salesperson Know What They Sell, and They Sell What They Know. Product knowledge is super important for a salesperson.
How we train a salesperson on product knowledge?
- Get them to sit next to customer service. Customer service normally has good product knowledge and they know what the customers likes and hates.
- For a newcomer, get them to join the sales meeting. Sit in listening to a senior presenting
- Give them assignments that they record video presentations to your assignment. Assignments can range from common use cases to weirdest requests. Do team review together. Have fun and learn together.
- Roleplay. Get the best salesperson in certain customer segments or certain products to do role play in his presentation. The others will learn a lot.
- Pair presentation. Bring product engineer along to customer presentation. Let the product engineer helps in solving customer request and the salesperson will also learn along the way.